Making movement and activity easier and less painful
At Nura, we have found that a multidisciplinary approach consistently yields the best results when it comes to treating chronic pain. One of the most important tools in the multi-faceted approach is physical therapy.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Strengthens muscles and joints so you can perform daily activities in ways that minimize your pain, don’t aggravate old injuries, or put you at risk for new ones.
- Battles inflammation and addresses mobility issues that are at the core of much chronic pain.
- Can make you less sensitive to pain signals.
Nura’s physical therapists use specially designed equipment, including our warm saltwater pool, plus customized exercise and stretching routines to increase your core strength, joint mobility, posture, overall flexibility and confidence.
At the same time, they utilize recent breakthroughs in neuroscience to re-train the body and brain with new ways to process counterproductive pain signals.
Our warm saltwater pool provides soothing support for movements that otherwise might be too difficult or painful.
Our physical therapists are trained, licensed pain specialists with many combined years of experience and specialized training in Pain Neuroscience Education. This advanced training, along with additional training from Dr. David Schultz, helps them understand patients with chronic pain and create effective treatment programs.
- acute and chronic pain rehabilitation
- aerobic exercise education
- balance improvement
- body mechanics training
- core strengthening
- ergonomics education
- functional assessments
- graded motor imagery
- home programs
- hypersensitive nervous system treatments
- joint mobilization
- laterality training
- LIFE Test (activities of daily living ability testing)
- manual therapy
- mirror therapy
- MPS Microcurrent Point Stimulation
- myofascial release
- pelvic floor therapy
- Pilates reformer therapy
- self-management skills
- soft tissue mobilization
- spine stabilization training
- strain/counter-strain therapy
- strengthening & flexibility exercises
- therapeutic neuroscience education
- therapeutic yoga
- warm saltwater therapy pool