Thank you for choosing Nura as your pain specialist. Nura is a caring organization that is committed to providing patients with innovative pain management services. Our commitment: to provide you with quality and affordable healthcare.
As part of our service, our office will bill your health insurance company. Providing us with accurate information at the time services are rendered is key to facilitating the timely filing of claims. Changes in your information should be reported to our office as soon as you become aware of them. Your cooperation in keeping your account information current is greatly appreciated and will help cut the amount of paperwork you are required to deal with.
For questions regarding any of the information listed below, please contact one of our financial counselors by calling 763.537.6000, extension 7475.
- You may receive multiple bills for our services. If you are having a procedure at one of our ambulatory surgery centers, you will receive one (1) bill for the physician (professional) services and one (1) bill for the ambulatory surgery center (facility) fees. Your benefits for each of these may be different, so please check with your insurance carrier to understand your benefits. Patient payments can be applied to outstanding balances for professional services or for the facility fees, as determined by the organization.
- If you undergo urine toxicology testing, you will receive an invoice from Nura for the test. In addition, many of our lab results are also sent to a confirmatory lab for additional information on the quantitative results of the specimen. If your test is sent to a confirmatory lab, you will receive a separate bill for their services.
- If you receive services in a hospital or other inpatient setting, you will receive a different bill for those facility charges, separate from any bills you may receive for services provided by a Nura provider or facility.
Patient Insurance Responsibility for Services Rendered
Insurance and Billing
As your provider, please remember that our relationship is with you and not your insurance company. Your benefit coverage is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. Please be aware that not all medical services are covered benefits under all insurance contracts. We encourage you to be familiar with your insurance benefits and limitations. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Copayments, Co-insurance and Deductibles
All copayments, coinsurance and deductibles are due at the time of service.
- Copayments are a flat fee paid each time a medical service is accessed and must be paid before any policy benefit is payable by an insurance company. Copayments usually range from $20 to $50 depending on your coverage.
- Co-insurance is a percentage of the allowed charge that the patient pays after the deductible has been satisfied.
- Deductibles are amounts which must be paid out of pocket before an insurance carrier will pay any expenses. The deductible must be paid by the patient before the insurance policy benefits can apply.
Nura is committed to providing high-quality medical services to our patients that are affordable to everyone. If you are uninsured and are in need of care, we can see you on a self-pay basis. Payment is due at the time services are rendered.
Budget Plans and Financial Hardship
From time to time, we all experience financial hardships and can use a helping hand. Nura offers options to help our patients who are having difficulty meeting their financial obligations to the organization. Our financial counselors can offer you and your family payment options.
Patient Payment Options
There are several outlets for paying your balance in a secure environment. Each patient statement you receive includes a unique web address that will direct you to an online patient payment portal. You can also call a dedicated patient account number and payment may be made over the phone.
- Credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express)
- ACH: Secure electronic funds transfer from checking or savings
Online Patient Payment Portal
This portal allows you to make your payment online, enables you to manage your account online and sign up to receive electronic statements. To pay a bill now, click here (link to InstaMed payment portal).
Interactive Voice Response Payment Portal
You will receive an automated phone call prior to your scheduled visit, as well as after services are rendered, informing you of your current balance. These calls will also allow you the option to pay over the phone or connect with a patient financial service representative to discuss your account. You can reach our patient accounts department Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT by calling 763.537.6000, extension 7475 or by pressing option one to make a credit card payment.
If you have additional questions or concerns regarding your bill(s), please contact the Nura business office at 763.537.6000, extension 7475.